They Shoot Clothes Horses, Don't They?




January 5, 2010

Take Stock

WHHHHAAT??!  It's 2010.  I'm just coming to this realization.  Really realizing.  It's 2010.

    A lot has gone on in my life, in say, the last 4 years.  And lots has remained the same.  I say that partly as a reflection of how time has passed and a small part in judgment of myself.  I'm careful not to judge myself too harshly.  I've learned a lot about myself in the last four years and one of those things is to not judge myself so harshly.  I do, however, believe in taking stock of oneself and sometimes that means judging how one behaves.  Which is completely different than judging

     And I think this is why I've decided to start this blog.  Part of me thinks, "A fashion blog?? Now?  It seems like too little, too late."  I think it was the New York Times that recently wrote an article about the sudden emergence of fashion bloggers on the "Fashion World".  About how bloggers like BryanBoy (http://www.bryanboy.com/ -  who I've been reading for YEARS and who I ADORE  -my shameless brag-) have been embraced by designers and sit front row at shows, just seats next to Ms. Wintour herself.  So, here I am the last one on the bandwagon.  But I don't do this in hopes that one day I'll sit front row at Alexander McQueen (OK...maybe a little bit), but because, like all fashion bloggers, I have a love of fashion.  Fashion has always seemed like this impenetrable world of who's who and what's in and blah, blah, blah.  Which, I will admit, is one of the reasons I love it so much.  Kinda like high school all over again, but more glamorous, and without all the insecurities.  But maybe in some small way I can be a part of something that I love so much. 

     I'm not totally sure yet what all this blog will entail.  Lots of fashion, a little bit me (Oh...did I mention that I'm a fashion design student??), some of my projects, and things that inspire me.  Just a place for me to take stock of what's important in my life.  So if you're still reading this, I've gotten your attention somehow.  I'm usually not this wordy, really.  I don't even consider myself a writer at all.  But, just like the World Wide Web, isn't there a little piece of fashion for all of us?

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment