They Shoot Clothes Horses, Don't They?




January 27, 2011

It's in the details...

The Men's Shows have come and gone and it was business as usual. Nothing too revolutionary on the Men's front, but there were definitely several collections that I loved. It's all in the little details this time around that really made a collection stand out for me. There are only so many suits that I can see before I wanna curl up on my sofa and take a nap.
Those little, subtle details, like those at the Ann Demeulemeester show, are what make me sit up and smile. It's tough to add drama and excitement to a Men's show. One false step and you end up looking like a total costume, a la Galliano. Which, don't get me wrong, I looooove. We need more of that type of showmanship, especially during the Men's shows. But, what I really love, is seeing things that I can actually wear that are interesting and well designed.
The drama here, at Ann, is how romantic and sexy all the clothing is. It's one part androgynous, one part classic, a little bit rocker and a whole lotta sexy.
The split jackets add just the right amount of interest to an otherwise classic blazer. And all the leather and suede seem to bump up the whole collection. I especially appreciate the fur(?) lining in one of the leather jackets. And those gloves?! Wrap me up and send me home! That's really my idea of luxury. Subtle and for the wearer...not in your face, look at me.

Thanks Ann!!!


Ann Demeulemeester, Fall 2011















Photos via: GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment